Viking introduced nowadays that new 2024 sailings of its Mississippi River cruises are now on sale. The company’s 1st custom made vessel, Viking Mississippi, will debut in August 2022 and will sail voyages on the Mississippi River amongst New Orleans and St. Paul. Viking notes that decide on sailings have now marketed out as a result of the 2023 season. This sturdy desire has led Viking to open up 2024 sailing dates faster than at first expected.
At present scheduled ports of get in touch with on Viking’s new Mississippi River cruises include seven U.S. states: Louisiana (Baton Rouge, Darrow, New Orleans and St. Francisville) Mississippi (Natchez and Vicksburg) Tennessee (Memphis) Missouri (Hannibal, St. Louis) Iowa (Burlington, Dubuque and Davenport) Wisconsin (La Crosse) and Minnesota (Purple Wing, St. Paul).
The 2022-24 Viking Mississippi voyages
- America’s Excellent River (15 days New Orleans to St. Paul)—Relax and get in the variety of landscapes, foliage and wildlife on this leisurely voyage. Take pleasure in Southern attraction and preserved houses in Natchez retrace the actions of Civil Legal rights leaders in Memphis ascend the Gateway Arch in St. Louis and stop by “The Norwegian Valley” in La Crosse. Numerous sailing dates are now obtainable in June, July, September and October 2023 and 2024.
- America’s Heartland (8 days St. Louis to St. Paul)—This journey introduces tourists to the locks and dams that management the circulation of the heartland rivers. Listen to stories of settlers migrating west understand about Lewis & Clark, Mark Twain, John Deere and the Amish and Norwegian migrations experience the regional music like polka and Norwegian folk and taste regional delicacies showcasing regional beer, make and Wisconsin cheese. Numerous sailing dates are now out there August to September 2023 and 2024.
- Coronary heart of the Delta (eight days New Orleans to Memphis)—Tour the area where by the migrating French and Acadians settled immerse yourself in the lifestyle and lessons from the American Civil Rights Movement find the music of the South—jazz, blues and gospel and encounter the everyday living and foodstuff society of the south, from Cajun and Creole to the famed “dry” Memphis BBQ. Several sailing dates are accessible in November 2022 extra sailing dates are now offered in January to June and Oct to December 2023 and 2024.
- New Orleans & Southern Appeal (8 days New Orleans to New Orleans)—On this exploration of the Reduced Mississippi, stroll the historic estates and find out about Civil War historical past at notable web sites. The roundtrip journey from New Orleans will allow attendees to sample Cajun and Creole cuisine when taking in the sights and appears of the French-motivated ports, which includes Baton Rouge, Darrow and additional in Louisiana and Mississippi. A number of sailing dates are accessible in November to December 2022 additional sailing dates are now readily available in January and December 2023 and 2024.
- Mississippi Getaway Season (eight times Memphis to New Orleans)—In December 2022, guests will discover the Decrease Mississippi in the course of a particular holiday voyage. The eight-working day journey will involve special “Privileged Access” to Graceland, adorned for the period Cajun cuisine and browsing excursions a pay a visit to to marvel the mild shows and decorated historic households in Natchez and Baton Rouge. Onboard festivities will include things like distinctive celebratory regional eating and treats for the vacations. Multiple sailing dates are readily available in December 2022.
Further than the Mississippi, the business not too long ago took delivery of its seventh ocean ship, Viking Venus, which will formally be named on May perhaps 17, 2021 in the United Kingdom by its ceremonial godmother, Anne Diamond. In 2022, Viking will introduce its new expedition cruises, with the initial 378-visitor, intent-constructed expedition ship, Viking Octantis, launching in January 2022 for voyages to Antarctica and then North America’s Terrific Lakes. A next expedition vessel, Viking Polaris, will debut in August 2022, sailing to Antarctica and the Arctic.
Connected Content articles
Viking Proceeds Restart With Bermuda, Iceland and U.K. Voyages
Seabourn Reveals Winter and Spring 2022-23 Voyages
Silversea Shares Aspects on its Return to Sailing
Crystal Endeavor’s 2021 Iceland Voyages Now Open for Reservation