In response to strong demand for its World Cruise itineraries, Viking has announced its new “2022-2023 Viking World Cruise,” which will span 138 days, 28 countries and 58 ports, with overnight stays in 11 cities. Departing on December 22, 2022 from Ft. Lauderdale, FL, guests will sail on Viking’s newest ocean vessel, Viking Neptune, which will join the company’s fleet of 930-guest ocean ships in late 2022.
“Viking World Cruise” guests will embark in Florida and journey to Central America, before transiting the Panama Canal and sailing up the West Coast of North America. Note: A shorter, 121-day Viking World Journeys itinerary, is also available, allowing guests to join Viking Neptune in Los Angeles and cross the Pacific Ocean to call in Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, before exploring ports of call in Asia and the Middle East. Finally, the ship will journey through the Mediterranean and conclude the voyage in London.
2022-2023 Viking World Cruise Highlights
Overnight stays in ports such as Sydney, Haifa, and Istanbul, and double overnights in Auckland, Bali, Ho Chi Minh, Yangon and Mumbai allow guests to delve deeper in destination. While on board, Viking offers cultural enrichment through onboard lectures and entertainment—such as the Viking Resident Historian program, which provides guests with a high-level historical and cultural education specific to their journey. Highlights of the “2022-2023 Viking World Cruise” itinerary include:
- Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii – Explore the vegetation of tropical Kauai, nicknamed Hawaii’s “Garden Island.” Guests can embark on a scenic drive to Wailua, known as the “Land of the Kings,” to admire nature including the 150-foot high ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls, visit Nawilliwilli’s Old Town and enjoy a walk along the beach, or peruse the shops of nearby Anchor Cove.
- Sydney, Australia – Experience Sydney’s harbor—the world’s largest—and enjoy an overnight stay allowing ample time to explore the city, from its world-class opera house to the natural wonders of the nearby Blue Mountains.
- Singapore – Witness the cultural diversity of Singapore during an overnight stay. Take a tour of the city’s eclectic neighborhoods, from Little India to Arab Street, visit the futuristic horticultural park or enjoy a Night Safari at the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India – While in port in Mumbai, guests can learn about the life and legacy of activist Mahatma Gandhi, enjoy the Hanging Gardens—one of the few parks in the city—and explore the diversity of its neighborhoods, from the narrow streets of Old Mumbai to the colorful markets in the city’s center.
- Istanbul, Turkey – Guests have ample time to experience this historic city, including its wealth of religious sites, such as the spectacular Blue Mosque or the Hagia Sophia. The city is also known for its fusion cuisine, combining fresh Mediterranean fare with spices from the Far East and Asia.
- London (Greenwich), England – The journey concludes