- Frog Eye Piercing is also known as – Venom Piercing
- Cost of Frog Eye Piercing – $50 to $100
- Healing Time for Frog Eye Piercing – Around 6 weeks
- Other Popular Types of Tongue Piercing – Frowny Piercing, Smiley Piercing, Middle Tongue Piercing, Snake Eyes Piercing
Are you someone with a penchant for body piercings? Are you looking for something that is not only eye-catching but can also set you apart?
Well, in that case, you can and must opt for a tongue piercing. After all, no other body piercing can be so covert yet as much attention drawing as a tongue piercing. And while you are at it, might as well give a thought to the ultra-popular Frog Eyes Piercing!
What Is Frog Eyes Piercing?
While there are numerous types of tongue piercings to choose from, Frog Eyes Tongue Piercing is fast becoming one of the most prevalent amongst youngsters! But what is Frog Eyes Piercing?
Well, it can be defined as a double tongue piercing, wherein two piercings are done – one on each side of the tongue. These piercings are done simultaneously to keep the pain to a minimum. Since the beads of the jewelry resemble frog eyes, hence the name frog eyes piercing!
This piercing is generally located at the front end of the tongue, and is perfectly symmetrical.
To ensure this symmetrical look, the piercing artist will insert a curved barbell in your tongue in a horizontal manner.
Did you know?
Frog eyes piercing is also known as Venom Piercing, because, when not adorned with any jewelry, it resembles venom bites!
Who Should Opt for Frog Eye Piercing?
An oral piercing is often something that takes more than just the willingness to look exceptionally cool. It takes a fair amount of commitment – both to the initial pain and discomfort, as well as to the aftercare.
If you are someone who can take the onus of these aspects and have the requisite patience for your piercing to heal, then you can easily go for this tongue piercing.
What to Do Before Getting Frog Eye Piercing?
Before you go for this trendy piercing, make sure to find a piercing parlor that best suits your needs and your budget.
Ideally, the piercing professional at the parlor must be well-versed with venom piercing, so that they can accomplish it with complete confidence, and with little to no room for error. If need be, visit 2-3 parlors or even more, before zeroing in on one of them.
Moreover, try finding people IRL or online who have had the same or at least similar oral piercings, and talk to them about their overall experience. Not only can they recommend you some trustworthy places to get the piercings done, they can also share the pros and cons of the same so that you can take a much more informed decision.
Cost of Venom Tongue Piercing
While the cost will largely depend on the choice of piercing studio, the piercing technician, the city that you reside in and the jewelry you pick, you can rest assured that it will be fairly reasonable. In most cases, venom piercing costs somewhere between $50 and $100.
Process of Frog Eye Piercing
While venom piercing sounds difficult, the process is rather simple.
- Firstly, visit your piercing parlor at the time of your appointment.
- You can choose your frog eye piercing jewelry at this stage, if you haven’t already.
- Next, you will be asked to rinse your mouth using an anti-bacterial mouthwash, at least 3 to 5 times. This is done to ensure that the piercing site is free of any bacteria which could lead to an infection.
- Then, your piercer would mark the piercing site.
- Now comes the ‘difficult’ part. Using a clamp, the piercer will hold your tongue in place. They will then use a hollow piercing needle to pierce the marked area, and will simultaneously insert your selected jewelry.
Best place for Frog Eye Piercing
Address: 22622 Lambert St # 306Lake forest, Ca 92630(inside vatican studios)
Want to save the planet?
Plastic pollution is covering the planet and is a tremendous threat to marine life. Do your part to help by traveling with a filter water bottle.
A filter water bottle is an effective way of purifying water to remove any impurities or contaminants.
The Axiom Body Piercing Studio
Address: 3800 Douglas Ave Des Moines, Iowa 50310(inside skin kitchen tattoo)
Pain During Frog Eye Piercing
Since every person has a different level of pain tolerance, this aspect is largely subjective. That said, more often than not, people rate the pain from venom piercing at 5 on a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 denotes the maximum level of pain.
Healing Process after Venom Piercing
Please be aware that after the piercing, your tongue will most likely swell up, which is completely normal. A great way to reduce this swelling is to drink ice water (weather permitting).
As far as the healing period of the piercing goes, it can take anywhere up to 6 weeks. While this may seem to be a long time, it is crucial that you keep the area clean throughout the entire healing process, so that the chances of you catching an infection become exceedingly low.
Aftercare Instructions for Venom Piercing
In order to ensure that your tongue piercings are fully healed, and there are no serious health issues that prop up later it is essential to follow certain aftercare instructions, including –
- Using an anti-bacterial mouthwash, rinse your mouth out at once, or preferably twice every day.
- Using an antiseptic mouthwash, gargle after every meal.
- Try restricting your diet to soft, semi-solid, bland foods for the first 4 to 6 weeks.
- Do not consume any hot or spicy food, until the piercing has completely healed. This will help avoid any irritation or unwanted burns in the area.
- Do not share spoons, cups, or other utensils to avoid infections.
- Never tug at your piercing, else you may end up worsening the wound.
- Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands before touching the piercing, or your tongue in general.
- Be very gentle during brushing, and try that your brush doesn’t touch or tug at the piercing. If possible, use a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of sea salt to a ½ glass of water, stir and rinse your mouth to prevent any infections.
- Do not consume any alcohol, until the piercing is fully healed, as alcohol may cause blood thinning resulting in excessive bleeding.
- Do not indulge in kissing or oral sex during the healing process.
- Do not remove the jewelry that was used at the time of piercing, at least for the first six weeks.
Signs of an Infected Venom Piercing
Following the aftercare tips is extremely important to ensure a smooth healing process, after this tongue piercing. That said, even after you take all the requisite precautions, there are chances that you develop an infection. Some of the telltale signs of a frog eye-piercing infection include –
- Unexplained redness and swelling around the area, after 8-10 days of the piercing
- Extreme pain that doesn’t seem to diminish
- Formation of pus, and constant discharge of the same
- Change in the color of the tongue to green or black
- Loss of sensation in the tongue
- Allergic reaction causing itchiness
In case of any such symptoms, it is strongly advised that you seek the assistance of a qualified medical practitioner, at the earliest possible. Any delay in doing so, can prove to be harmful to your health over the long term.
Pros and Cons of Venom Tongue Piercing
|Frog Piercing Pros||Frog Piercing Cons|
|Less Bleeding||Can Cause Speech Impediments|
|Relatively Less Painful||Can Damage Gum and Teeth|
|Hassle-Free Healing||Higher Possibility of Infection due to Multiple Piercing|
|Fashionable Look||Often Results in Difficulty in Eating during Healing Period|
|Works Well with Other Piercings||May Leave a Scar if You Choose to Remove it Permanently|
Best Jewelry Styles for Frog Eyes Piercing
No matter the type of piercing, it will only give its promised look when you adorn it with a stunning piece of jewelry. However, when it comes to a tongue piercing, your jewelry needs to be more than just beautiful, it also needs to be made of a material that is safe to use and doesn’t let any infection propagate.
Some of the best venom piercing jewelry styles include –
- Double Tongue Ring
You can either opt for this jewelry with beads or any other shape that you prefer.
To ensure that the jewelry doesn’t result in any unwanted infection, make sure to opt for a hypoallergenic material such as surgical steel, titanium, or gold. You can also go for Biocompatible Plastics (Bioplast/Tygon) or Niobium, depending on your preference and budget.
More often than not, people opt for titanium-long barbell as their initial jewelry and then change it up once the healing process is complete.
We hope that you are now well-informed about the various aspects of a double tongue piercing! So, wait no more before you get it done and give your personality that much-needed touch of eccentricity!
FAQs About Venom Piercings aka Frog Eyes Piercing
Which Jewelry is Ideal for Frog Eye Piercing?
The Association of Professional Piercers (APP) states that the following materials prove to be the best pick for frog eye-piercing jewelry –
- Implant Grade Titanium (ISO 5832-3 or ASTM F-136 compliant)
- Surgical Steel (ISO 5832-1, ASTM F-138, or ISO 10993- (6, 10, or 11) compliant)
- Biocompatible Plastics (Bioplast/Tygon)
- 14 Karat, 18 Karat, 22 Karat or 24 Karat Gold
When can I eat normally after a tongue piercing?
While the entire healing process takes up t 6 weeks, you need to stick to a soft diet only for the first 2-3 weeks. After that, depending on your swelling, you can start eating a regular diet. That said, it is best to avoid super spicy foods for the entire healing period.
What if You Wish to Remove the Piercing Permanently?
Well, that can be done rather conveniently. Simply remove the jeweler, and with time the piercing site will close on its own. Of course, the time it takes to close, and the extent of the closure will largely depend on the period you’ve had the piercing for, and the size of the jewelry you wore. Also, please keep in mind that you may end up with a tiny indent-like scarring when the sites close.
Body piercings: Cleaning and healing. (n.d.).