The U.S. Journey Affiliation introduced the election of Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, as its new countrywide chair. Duffy, who most recently served on the board as to start with vice chair, will guide an govt committee and board representing a assorted cross-segment of travel business sectors.
As nationwide chair of U.S. Vacation, Duffy will guideline the board and association’s initiatives to:
- Extend engagement with businesses and companies to generate advocacy initiatives and condition the long run of travel
- Unite the field below one voice to advise the opinions and steps of elected leaders
- Progress priorities focused on restoration and rebuilding of the U.S. travel marketplace
- Educate and tell vacation stakeholders.
Duffy joined Carnival Cruise Line in 2015 immediately after serving as president and CEO of Cruise Lines Intercontinental Association (CLIA). She has also served as president and CEO of Maritz Vacation Enterprise. As president of Carnival Cruise Line, Duffy oversees a organization that sails a fleet of 24 ships, annually hosts nearly 6 million friends and employs far more than 43,000 persons from 110 nations around the world. Duffy is the very first woman to serve as president of Carnival Cruise Line.
Duffy sits on the company boards of administrators of Aimbridge Hospitality, a resort administration solutions business, and Herschend Spouse and children Entertainment, the nation’s biggest family members-owned operator of themed sights, together with Dollywood and Branson’s Silver Dollar City. She sits on the Specialist Advisory Board of St. Jude Children’s Investigation Hospital, of which Carnival Cruise Line is the official celebration partner. Duffy is also a member of The Committee of 200, an organization of the world’s most prosperous girls business leaders that supports, celebrates and advances women’s management. She was recently named by Women of all ages Top Journey & Hospitality as a single of its best ladies in travel and hospitality.
In addition to Duffy, U.S. Travel set up other board officer positions:
- Vice Chairs: Julie Coker, president and CEO, San Diego Tourism Authority Fred Dixon, president and CEO, NYC & Enterprise and Sharon Siskie, SVP, industrial strategy – Disney Signature Encounters, Disney
- Treasurer: Stephen Revetria, president, Giants Enterprises, San Francisco Giants
- Secretary: Michael Dominguez, president and CEO, Affiliated Luxurious Motels International
Duffy succeeds Place DC president and CEO Elliott L. Ferguson, II, whose expression as chair has concluded.
KHM Vacation Group Launches “KHM Today” Speak Display
Leisure & Hospitality Accounts for 39% of Employment Lost to Pandemic
Regent Seven Seas Cruises Would make Appointments in Marketing and PR
Stats: U.S. Journey Company Air Ticket Profits Show Month-to-month Development