As we all encounter this unconventional “layover” together, Avalon Waterways is sharing information about its 2021 period, providing tourists more prospects to dream about—and anticipate—their following getaway. Of observe? Avalon Waterways has produced a “boatload” of new ordeals for tourists on the Danube, which include six new ports and three river cruise holidays that element Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Between Avalon’s new Danube River ports:
- Ilok, Croatia: Surrounded by wine-rising hills, Ilok is the easternmost city in Croatia. Right here, Avalon Waterways will invite tourists to delve into the town’s 1,000-calendar year-outdated winemaking tradition and discover Ilok’s cultural heritage, guarded by a medieval fortress.
- Golubac, Serbia: Sitting significant above the Danube River, just outside the house the Iron Gates, is the medieval Golubac fortress, 1 of the most effective-preserved fortresses in Europe. Right here, attendees will be invited to study about the area’s tumultuous heritage, its ties to the Habsburg Monarchy and Ottoman Empire.
- Constanta, Romania: A port city on the Black Sea, Constanta presents views and a seaside getaway. Right here, tourists can soon discover the city’s All-natural History & Archeological Museum for a glimpse into early Romanian cultures.
- Ybbs, Austria: Set up in the 1300s, Ybbs acted as an critical port for trade in the Center Ages. Currently, it serves as the entry issue for the Danube to reduced Austria. Avalon Waterways will be the initially intercontinental cruise operator to halt in this village.
- Hainburg, Austria: This Austrian village sits 20 miles outside the house Bratislava and has a potent Habsburg heritage. Right here, Avalon attendees will have the chance to encounter the area’s wetlands, castle and even its potent, Roman earlier.
Avalon Waterways’ new 2021 Danube itineraries – which include those people that element new ports are:
- The 9-Working day Balkan Odyssey (from Bucharest to Zagreb)
- The 9-Working day Danube from Croatia to the Black Sea (from Zagreb to Bucharest)
- The 16-Working day Danube from Germany to the Black Sea (from Deggendorf to Bucharest)
Observe: The Balkan Odyssey cruise is bookended with two evenings in both Bucharest and Zagreb.
All cruise itineraries sail on Avalon Waterways’ Suite Ships, which provide visitor two full decks of 200-sq.-foot Panorama Suites with the industry’s only Open-Air Balconies and beds going through the views.
Emerald Cruises to Deliver Two New Ships in 2021
Viking Opens Reservations for New Mississippi River Cruises
AmaWaterways Creates Marketing Suitcase For Journey Advisors
Riviera River Cruises to Launch New Ship, Itineraries in 2021