Air freight Company provides you with the advantage of being able to transfer shipments quickly with a low handling cost. Furthermore, if your freight contains products that are deemed to be dangerous, you will have to comply with a few regulations to use this means of transportation.
Even if you are acquainted with transporting hazardous materials by sea freight, you should know that air freight has its own special set of regulations to keep your in-transit shipment secure.
To help you comply with the legislation on hazardous materials and guarantee timely delivery of your shipments, we will answer the four most common questions we get on transporting hazardous materials by air freight.
Question 1: Why are Regulations on Hazardous Materials So Important?
Dangerous materials that are inappropriately packaged or placed will establish tragic circumstances in an airplane in a very short time.
In particular, the regulations on hazardous materials have three purposes:
- To ensure the security of the airplane and its flight crew.
- To deliver your shipment safely to its location and on schedule.
- Avoid severe charges to keep your company compliant with regulation.
Question 2: Who Makes the Rules Surrounding Shipping Hazardous Materials via Air Freight Company?
Since air freight is an international issue that affects businesses in many different industries, the regulations on dangerous air freight products have been developed through the cooperation of several organizations.
As from trusted Freight Forwarding companies in Dubai There are two main organizations responsible for these securities and regulations:
- The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), a United Nations Specialized Entity. ICAO was established to define standards and practices to maintain aviation safety, security and efficiency.
- International Air Transport Association (IATA), a major airline trade association that accounts for about 82% of worldwide air traffic. Their Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) set the standards for airlines to transport dangerous materials safely.
Question 3: What Materials Are Considered Hazardous?
IATA divides hazardous materials up into nine types. Whether you have shipped hazmat by sea freight, you may also be acquainted with those categories. All these nine categories of materials require special labeling, wrapping and handling:
- Flammable liquids
- Flammable solids
- Oxidizing substances
- Toxic and infectious substances
- Radioactive materials
- Miscellaneous dangerous goods
When it comes to evaluating the risk surrounding your shipment, quantity matters.
Quantity matters when it comes to determining the risk of your shipment.
You will do your part by accurately labeling and documenting your shipment to ensure that your cargo is handled properly. Right paperwork and labels permit cargo handlers to load the aircraft in a way that minimizes potential risks including
• Potentially separate interactive shipments.
• Position flammable shipments in such a manner as to delay the spread of any possible fires.
Question 4: Where Can I Go for Help with Shipping Hazardous Materials via Air Freight?
A professional freight forwarder should be able to assist you with correct labels, packing and shipping your product by air Freight Company.
Below are needed:
1. The Safety Data Sheet (SDS) about the product you want to ship. Also known as a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) or a Product Safety Data Sheet (PSDS), the SDS will include all the critical information needed to arrange your shipment, including
2. Any bodily, health or ecological health hazards.
3. What protective methods to be taken.
4. Precautions for safely handling, storing, and transporting the chemical.
5. The physical appearance of any chemicals in your shipment.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) provides an excellent variety of hazmat instructions to start with if you are more of a do-it-yourself sort of shipper. Freight shipping companies in Dubai will, though, eliminate much of this process for you, because they already have a qualified workforce specialist on hazardous materials and ready to assist.
Maintaining air freight within your schedule options allows you the ability to more efficiently meet the needs of your consumers and suppliers. And as far as high-end, luxury goods are concerned, air freight companies can keep your shipments perfect by exposing them to a minimum amount of handling. By comprehending the shipping regulations for hazardous materials via air freight, you will preserve access to this dominant shipping mean and all the benefits it offers.
Do you need assistance in shipping your hazardous goods via sea, air or land, Feel free to contact Dijla Shipping & Forwarding and our specialists will be delighted to be of assistance?